Impressive excursion into the history of mining in the province of Salzburg
In the middle of the historic settlement with washhouse, stables, director’s building, foreman’s house, “Kolm” (depot), Coloredo house, and vicarage, the past comes to life. The centerpiece is the open-air museum with the salt warehouse, the Salzstadl Museum. The Salzstadl Museum is an exhibition of mining objects from the days of gold-mining between 1342 to 1945 plus the small mining settlement dating from 1741 incl. the "Maria vom Guten Rat" miners' church.
Mai bis September!