Between the houses stands a waterfall. Many decades ago, photos from here traveled around the globe. And made this town world-famous. Now, in winter, snow lies on the ground everywhere. It is idyllic. Narrow lanes, old buildings festively decorated. You feel like you have been transported back into a whole other time.
The smell of home-baked cookies teases your nose, while on the table next to you, you will find a delicious spread of bacon, cheese and fruit bread. The children are gathered excitedly around a wintry carriage, or huddled inside busy with Christmas crafts projects. You can experience scenes such as these at the Christmas market in the Merangarten and at the Christmas market in Böckstein.
Saturday, 8 December from 2 p.m.
The atmosphere in romantic Altböckstein is indescribable. The perfect place to get yourself in the Advent frame of mind.
• Christmas wind music
• Home-baked, home-crafted & home-knitted items
• Incense and burners, gifts for Christmas, traditional craftsmanship
• Smoked trout, salmon, olive oil, bacon, cheese & breads
• Roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, hot cider, punch & schnapps
• Crafting for kids in the "Old Schoolhouse"
• Carriage rides for children
Saturday, 15 December + Sunday, 16 December
Friday, 21 December - Sunday, 23 December
From arts & crafts to regional products and Christmas decorations - many market stands, along with a Christmas Workshop offering childcare, look forward to your visit.