- Vacation with good conscience
The Steiner Hochalm is rewarded with a magnificent view, from the Sonnenseite in Dorfgastein, over the entire Gastein valley to the peaks of the Hohen Tauern. Likewise with culinary specialties such as organic milk, bio cheese, bacon, lamb sausage, pork, apple juice, schnapps, bread, plugs, liqueurs and fresh farm peppers.
OUR ALMS SPECIALITIES: on the Steiner Hochalm you are rewarded with a magnificent view over the entire Gastein Valley to the peaks of the Hohe Tauern, and also pampered with culinary specialities. Farmer’s doughnuts are prepared fresh daily in the wood-fired oven.
LOCATION/ALTITUDE: Dorfgastein / 1,550m above sea level
HUT WITH OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION: 8 beds, camp beds
TIP: Sunday - Blattlkrapfen / Sauerkraut.
HOW TO REACH US:
- From Gasthof Hauserbauer turn left over Mittererbauer, through alpine meadows and a high forest to the Maierhofner Almen. Ideal round trip to the Paarseen (about 1 1/2 hours)
- or from Gasthof Hauserbauer via Reiterbauer (left pair lakes), Maierhofner Almen to the Steiner Hochalm - walk about 1 3/4 hours)
- drive up the cableway to Fulseck, Arltörl, shoe flicker, walk along the Latschenweg to the Paarseen on the descent is our hut (about 4 1/2 hrs)
- or from the village of Maierhofen, to the left, Pension Silberkrug, turn right onto Almweg (Forststr.).
In case of bad weather it is recommended to call in advance.