Once upon a time... in 1956 Franz Glawitsch Sr. established his business at the Waldschmiede in Böckstein at Bad Gastein. By 1957 he had relocated to the Ederstall. The Ford brand has been represented by the Glawitsch family since 1957. In 1963 they again relocated to the Böckstein main road. Since 1963 Glawitsch has also represented the Mercedes Benz brand. Steadily the business grew along with its number of employees. Mobility also increased in the Gastein valley. In 1992 the business expanded with addition of a modern workshop, car wash, and paint shop.